Pima County Arts Project Grants
Pima County Arts Project Grants provide support for programs that contribute to the rural community’s participation in the arts and promotes local arts programming. Nonprofit arts organizations and community organizations that have evidence of support in the Pima County community served are eligible to apply. Projects must occur in Pima County (outside Tucson City limits).
2014 Pima County Arts Project Grantees:
- Borderlands Theater– Ajo Memory Project (Phase 2): Redemptive Remembering- Borderlands Theater will create an interdisciplinary, site-specific performance based on the memories of Ajo residents.
- Tucson Jazz Music Foundation-History of Jazz Music Performances in Schools- The Tucson Jazz Music Foundation will present an educational concert for Elementary, Middle and High School students reviewing the history of jazz dance and music.
- Tucson Chamber Artists –Carmina Burana- Tucson Chamber Artists will present a live performance of Carmina Burana to the rural Green Valley Area of a rarely performed version of the work.
- Wald, Inc. – 37th Annual Ajo Old Time Fiddlers Show and Contest- WALD, Inc. will offer four days of dances, shows, contests and a free gospel sing for Ajo residents and tourists.
- SAFOS Dance Theatre – “Dance in the Barrio”: Storytelling and Art- SAFOS Dance Theatre will be offering a performing arts program for senior citizens to create and produce a dance theater piece informed by their memories in the city of South Tucson.
- FUNHOUSE Movement Theatre – Pima County Youth Outreach Program – FUNHOUSE Movement Theatre’s Youth Outreach Program, where students learn about, craft and perform dance pieces, will be brought to three rural schools: Anza Trail K-8, Continental Elementary and Copper View Elementary.
- Southwest Folklife Alliance –Oro Valley Meet Yourself- Southwest Folklife Alliance will produce a 2-day multi-cultural festival focused on the celebration of heritage, culture and folklife in the Town of Oro Valley.
- Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra – Green Valley Concert Performances- Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra will perform two orchestral music concerts in Green Valley in February 2015.
For awardees, please complete the Final Report document (to your right), and then upload it here to our online system.
Pima County Arts Project Grant Awardee Final Report form (complete and upload here)
Pima County Arts Project Grant application: