General Operating Support (GOS)
The 2013-2014 GOS Asset Building grant is designed to sustain and grow the cultural vitality of our non-profit arts and cultural sector by prompting creative thinking and long-term organizational sustainability efforts.
The 2013 Grant Application period is now closed.
Eligibility – Who Can Apply
All applications must be initiated by a Tucson, Pima County-based organization or a two-city organization that fulfills the following requirements: at least 30% of the board must represent Tucson, Pima County; 30% of projects must be produced on an annual basis in Tucson, Pima County; and an office presence must be maintained with an address in Tucson, Pima County. No exceptions will be made.
- Organizations with nonprofit corporation status.
- Organizations whose primary focus is to provide art programs and/or services that are open and accessible to the citizens of Tucson and Pima County.
- Organizations must have a three-year programming history in Tucson, Pima County (including the current year), documentation of a successfully completed project, and an operating budget for the previous and current fiscal year.
- Organizations are required to have paid professional staff based on the size of the annual budget:
- budget over $100,000: at least one full-time paid professional staff
- budget between $50,000 and $100,000: at least one part-time paid professional staff
- organizations with budgets under $50,000 can use volunteer support
Chax Press, one of 30 GOS Grant Awardees. Courtesy of Chax Press. All rights retained.
Mid-year Report form:
Deadline: May 31, 2013
General Operating Support Application: