General Operating Support (GOS)
Click here for GOS Awardees for FY2015-2016.
The GOS grant for FY 2016-2017 will be available in the summer of 2016 and will be due September 14, 2016.
The 2015-2016 GOS Grant is part of TPAC services developed to support non-profit arts and cultural organizations that reside and operate within the City of Tucson. It is designed to sustain and grow the cultural vitality of our non-profit arts and cultural sector by supporting the presentation, aesthetic advancement and engagement with art and culture in the City of Tucson.
We do this by:
- Prompting creative thinking in organizational management
- Ensuring that TPAC’s grantees provide the public with opportunities to engage in art and cultural expression as a means of social and cultural development
- Supporting the economic development of the cultural sector
The GOS offers organizations an opportunity to reflect on how they serve the public at large and find ways of strengthening their capacity and economic viability.
Award Amounts are made this year according to your organization’s budget size. Awards amounts for FY 2016-2017 are still to be determined.
- All organizations must operate within the Tucson City Limits
- 30% of its projects must be produced on an annual basis in Tucson
- Applicants must have a history of programming within Tucson for 3 consecutive years that includes the current year
- 30% of its Board of Directors must reside in Tucson or Pima County
- The organization must maintain an office presence with a physical address in Tucson
- Organizations must provide evidence of current 501c3 non-profit status
- Applicants must have recently completed two years of the CDP organizational profile
- If you have been awarded a GOS grant in the last grant cycle (2014-2015) you must have sent in your CDP report prior to applying for the 2015-2016 GOS Grant
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
Restrictions – The following entities are not eligible to apply:
- Any agency that receives more than 50% of its total gross income (in the last fiscal year) from a combined total of local public sources (City of Tucson or Pima County).
- Any division or department of municipal, county, state or federal government, including elementary schools, high schools, colleges, universities and school districts.
- Political and/or religious organizations and committees.
- Private and non-profit schools (except for those whose sole purpose is arts education.
Restrictions – Grants cannot be awarded for:
- Travel outside Pima County (travel into Pima County is acceptable).
- Debt retirement, capital improvement, purchase of real property, tuition costs, refreshment costs, or establishing or augmenting endowment fund
TPAC Funder Report from the Arizona Cultural Data Project
If you need assistance generating a TPAC Funder Report please contact the help desk at The Arizona Cultural Data Project.
The Arizona CDP Help Desk is open from 9am-8pm ET, Monday-Friday.
GOS 2015-16 Grant Materials: